What I Do
I believe that all women can empower themselves for pregnancy and motherhood with the correct guidance to reduce fear and anxiety so they can enjoy their pregnancy and transition well into motherhood. Becoming pregnant and being pregnant for 9 months is a special time. All women deserve to be educated and informed on choices and the importance of the correct prenatal and postnatal care guidelines with exercise while protecting your pelvic floor!!
- A Safe Exercise Program designed by a Qualified Personal Trainer and a Qualified Midwife
- Safe Pelvic Floor Training is important
- Group classes available
- Professional individual consultation and ongoing monitoring throughout
- Medical Screening completed
- Latest research and education kept up to date
- Ongoing support from Obstetricians and Midwives to encourage Pre and Postnatal Fitness
- Modifications for each individual whom experiences complications in their pregnancy and postnatal period
- Safe Resistance and Pilates exercises that encourage the use of the pelvic floor
- Educational pamphlets to enhance a healthy and fit pregnancy and motherhood
- Fit For 2 will help you understand the principles of safe and effective exercises during each stage of pregnancy, by enabling you to make informed decisions based on fact rather than old wives’ tales.
- We will help you to exercise confidently throughout your pregnancy and keep you fit and healthy for the most wonderful physical challenge of a lifetime, and make sure you have the stamina needed to deal with the job of labour and birth and motherhood
My goals are to ensure that every women whom is pregnant is going to protect themselves while exercising to minimize any chances of complications during their pregnancy and postnatal period. This very much involves protecting your pelvic floor!!
The many benefits of exercise during pregnancy are:
- Improved core strength to support your spine and help you carry your baby around
- Improved posture
- Improve your mood
- Improved muscle tone and cardiovascular fitness
- Tone your lower body to handle the demands of labour and birth
- Strengthen your upper body to lift and hold your baby
- Reduced likelihood of experiencing symptoms associated with pregnancy including: leg cramps, swelling, constipation, varicose veins, back pain
- Less likely to gain excess weight in pregnancy
- Decreased risk of gestational diabetes
- Confidence in own ability to cope with labour and birth
- Improved circulation and blood flow
- Improved relaxation and possible improved sleep patterns
- Enhanced mental well being, improved self-esteem and self-confidence
- Lower chance of developing high blood pressure
- Quicker recovery time after birth
- Increased placental growth and functional capacity
- Easier, shorter and less chance of a complicated birth
- Improved aspects of growth and development post birth
My overall goals are to keep you safe and provide you with up to date research and guidelines and provide support
Congratulations, you’re pregnant! You owe it to yourself and your baby to eat right, exercise and protect YOUR pelvic floor!!
Come and join my safe exercise program including Resistance training and Pilates exercises all focusing on pelvic floor and core activation to minimize complications and to have an enhanced labour and birth experience and a quicker recovery period.
Congratulations on becoming a new mum!!
Postnatal exercises are combined with the pregnancy classes and are a combination of low to advanced Resistance Training and Pilates based movements to re-strengthen the pelvic floor and abdominal muscles, based around your birth and recovery period and any ongoing complications.
FIT FOR 2 is launching their new and exciting online membership program with our team of health experts to provide you the ‘One Stop Shop’ for all prenatal and postnatal care and support soon. Our membership program will provide you with Fitness, Nutrition, Meditation and Mindset and a team of our experts to provide you with research, safe guidelines and support.
To register your spot please join our mailing list or complete the contact me form